Pages

28 August 2013

The Organization beginning of the Sun/Craft/Homework Room

[Originally published 3/4/13]
As I stated two days ago (edit:  it was deleted and re posted today--grr), I joined Org Junkie's 31 Day Organization Challenge.



31-Day-340px-Border

My main focus is the Littles' Room.  However, I really must also so the Sun/Craft/Homework Room.  I'm sure it won't get decorated, but the organization needs to again happen.  This room has been done several times.  However, I haven't been enforcing homework like a good mama should, so we aren't in this area as much as we should be.

This is an addition to the original house.  Previous owners moved the main staircase to the east side.  They did a good job of it according to my dad.  In a way, I wish they hadn't.  We gained closet space in the hall, but a staircase right in front of the entry would be grand.  Maybe someday, we'll be able to reproduce one--especially since one day will be long enough we won't need those extra closets.  I really would like this room for plants in the winter.  However, we need space for homework, and I'm unwilling to give up my Dining Room (the only room that would work well) for this.  I'm already starting to move sewing machines in there, so the sunroom "lockers" will only be craft storage.  Our laundry room is fairly small/awkward, so I want the coat/backpack drop for this kids up here.  Here is its current state:

seating area at the top of the stairs
left of the seating area
larger left of the seating area and doors to the hall (plus the little little brother) and the craft "lockers"
left side of doors--scheduling/picture area
homework area
view from the hall (plus a doggy-cousin)








This also isn't as bad as it normally gets unfortunately.  Ideally, but later on, this space will be nicely decorated, too.  This will help us want to work here.   The craft lockers aren't too bad.  They're not exactly organized as I'd like, but they aren't in the state of disarray as the rest of the house.  I had actually gotten to those recently.  However, all the stuff that didn't fit, it out on the desks or on the floor of the room yet.  Really, I think that's most of the clutter in this room at this point. 

I'd love to paint and hang curtains.  I'll just have to do with getting their desks and homework totes organized.  I will have to get the chore charts made, so we can keep up with what I will have accomplished at the end of this.  Riiight.







No comments:

Post a Comment